Monday, February 3, 2014

A Baby’s Carriage

A few years ago my friend and her husband were dealing with financial crises. They lost their business during Hurricane Sandy.  After 6 months of unpaid bills, they were forced to leave the apartment and move to their parents’ house. This is when my friend found out that she was pregnant. The day came and they welcomed a healthy baby boy. My husband was honored to perform the circumcision for their son.

A few days after, my husband went to their house to change the bandages for the baby. While my husband was at the house, the father was pumping the tires of the baby’s stroller. Unfortunately, he put too much air and both tires blew up. The wife was very upset because they did not have money to buy a new 'Bugaboo" stroller. My husband ended up being in the middle of the argument between two of them. He felt very uncomfortable and tried to appease both sides. He offered to help to try to find a similar carriage on sale or perhaps call the company to see if they would exchange the frame of the stroller. Both men tried to calm my friend down but she was inconsolable.

The next morning, my husband was on his way to synagogue when he spotted a stroller right outside our apartment building. It was the exact brand “Bugaboo” stroller in absolutely perfect condition.  He couldn't believe his eyes. My husband brought it home and later that night took it to our friends’ house.  

Imagine how shocked our friends were when my husband walked in with the exact same stroller that was destroyed the day before. All three of them were overwhelmed with joy and gratitude. Certainly, never before or after did my husband find a “Bugaboo” stroller next to our apartment building.


Small miracles happen every day. All we need to do is recognize these ‘messages’ and realize that there are no coincidences in our lives.   
By Leah Levy

No comments:

Post a Comment